Professor Alun H. Davies MA, DM, DSc, FRCS, FHEA, FEBVS, FACPh.
- Director of the European College of Phlebology and has co-chaired the ESVS guidelines group on the management of varicose veins;
- He is Professor of Vascular Surgery at Imperial College London and a Consultant Surgeon whose NHS practice is based at Charing Cross and St Mary’s Hospital, London;
- Professor Davies is regarded as a world expert in the management of vascular (arterial/venous) disorder. The Editor in Chief of Phlebology, past President of the European Venous Forum & The Venous Forum at The Royal Society of Medicine;
- He is a Member of the American Venous Forum, the American College of Phlebology, Vascular Surgical Society of Great Britain and Ireland, European Society of Vascular Surgery. A member of the national CRG for vascular surgery and of the National Specialized Services Commissioning Panel;
- Varicose veins, DVT, venous ulcers, stroke – carotid interventions, post thrombotic syndrome, aortic aneurysms, sports-induced vascular injuries eg thoracic outlet syndrome (TOS), median arcuate ligament syndrome (MALS), Cyclists External Iliac Compression Syndrome, claudication, hyperhydrosis, Venous flaires;
- Outcome measure, aetiology of varicose veins, claudication, stroke, multicentre studies. Runs a large research group. Professor Davies has published over 380 peer reviewed publications.